Tue, May 17|
Equity-Minded Leadership: An Equity Thinktank for K-12 Administrators
Join Kinect Education Group for a deep and introspective dive into Equity-Minded Leadership (for K-12 administrators and school leaders).
Time & Location
May 17, 2022, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
About the event
About this event
The term “Equity-Mindedness” refers to the perspective or mode of thinking exhibited by practitioners who call attention to patterns of inequity in student outcomes (CUE, 2017).
Together, with other K-12 administrators and leaders from across the country, we will explore:
- The impact of equity minded leadership vs deficit minded leadership
- Common language of equity-minded leadership
- An in-depth understanding of equity-minded leadership styles
- Strategic planning and visioning through an equity lens
- A unified scholar-practitioner-leader orientation with a commitment to equity and inclusion work
- An open mind
- A commitment to personal growth and development
- A sense of humor
Benefits of Attending:
- Access to and single license use of EquityRubric (trademarked).
- Explore promising practices of successful practitioners who lead with an Equity Lens.
- Answer the critical questions of how to apply an equity lens to leadership.
- Build capacity to integrate equity into the fabric of organizational leadership, and identify meaningful ways to build capacity amongst staff to do the same.
- Explore high-impact practices that maximize efforts to create an inclusive and welcoming learning environment for all.
Cost includes a customized diversity toolkit to use in your school or district, CEU certificate of completion, access to and single license use of the Equity Rubric, and all training materials.
Who Should Attend?
Superintendents, Principals, Vice Principals, Dean of Students, District Equity Coordinators, K-12 Equity and Inclusion Specialists, Teachers that aspire to school leadership positions.
Training activities, topics, and content change each year. Repeat participants welcome!
*Ask about our special group registration discounts for 5 or more from the same district!
THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE OFFERED ONLINE IN A HYBRID FORMAT.
NEW Virtual/Hybrid: Our virtual/hybrid learning format includes the same engaging content and presentation of material that we are most recognized for, but allows you to complete your training from wherever you are. Moderated chat allows users to participate in multiple capacities.
Introduction to Kinect Education Group and overview of the agenda.
Equity Minded Leadership Dialogue Deck
Group Registration (5-9 partic$229.00
Group Registration (10-14 )$209.00